Confetti quilted buttons
.I really enjoyed that confetti quilting experiment that I did a number of days ago. So I decided to do another one and this time to make some black and grey fabric buttons.
I chose the fabrics from the grey confetti "paintbox"
And added some more black to the mix
Tossed it around in a bowl so that the darker pieces were randomly mixed in
Took a strip of black fabric, laid scraps down and randomly stitched down. No pins, whatever the needle caught it caught. It made quite a mess. I was covered in comfetti scraps and so was the floor.
This is the result. I took it to the fabric bowl and shook it so that the excess scraps that the needle had not caught fell into the bowl and not all over the floor.
Went back to the machine and stitched over some more.
Continued till the pieces lay flat.
Added a layer of black tulle and quilted over the top.
The quilted piece.
Which I then cut into rectrangles of more orl less the same size.
Intensely over quilted these.
What I was trying to do was to create stiff rectangular fabric pieces.
Snipped off fabric edges.
And here are my grey fabric discs from which I can create buttons.
I just have to find my hole puncher and the buttons will be ready for use.