Now to see what happened to those glued pieces. After giving it a good shaking so that the unglued pieces would fall off, this is the result. There are a few gaps where the glue didn't catch the piece so I gently laid down a few loose pieces and then laid a layer of black tulle over everything.
I pinned the tulle every 7 or so cm all around the edges, took the piece to the machine and stitched all around the outer edges- a frame.
I then removed all the pins.
And begain quilting. I don't use a walking foot or drop the feed dogs for this kind of project. I decided to do gently wavy lines both horizontally and vertically.
The piece is a bit bulky as there are more than one layer of confetti pieces in some of the areas.
To achieve an even result I would have had to purchase a spray adhesive and worked with a tweezers to place the pieces down. I don't have time for that.
This is not one of the techniques that I use often it is too time consuming to achieve a very flat surface.
This is what it looked like after stitching wavy lines in one direction.
Now to turn it around and quilt in the other direction. I used a purple thread for the top stitching.
The finished piece after quilting in both directions.
I ran a stitching line twice around the edges just to make sure that the tulle was stitched in place and that none of the confetti pieces could escape.
I am actually very pleased with the result. It is a colorful, abstract textured piece. I will frame it and hang as is.