This is what I was busy with this morning
I had gifted the neighbour 2 small sewing machines, actually mini ones for her small children to play with. Neither of them worked, so I told her to bring them over this morning for a check up.
I had been working on my industrial and it was cute to place them next to each other to see the difference in size.
I threaded with read thread so the threading route was easy to see.
And started sewing. Tension problems, so that was the first thing that I adjusted and then I looked at the needle, it had been inserted back to front. Switched that around.
And then it worked like a charm.
The left one, I couldn't fix. It has a drop in bobbin and when I turned the hand wheel I could hear that the teeth in the plastic cogs were broken. That is one of the common problems of an older machine with a drop in bobbin. The plastic disintegrates after a number of years and then cracks and breaks. The cog can be replaced but it would cost more than the entire machine. So she will keep it for spare parts.